Monday, July 25, 2011

Popular summer reading picks

Smokin’ Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
NEW FICTION EVANOVICH
Find it in the catalog!

"Not my favorite but still enjoyable." -- Gemma W.
Rating: 4

"Love the series. Will Stephanie ever make up her mind? Interesting situations abound." -- Jeanne E.
Rating: 5

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
FICTION GRUEN
Find it in the catalog!

"Can't wait to see the movie." -- Michelle O.
Rating: 4

"This book was excellent. I wasn't wild about the circus theme, but the story behind it was compelling. This book had the best ending." -- Sandra L.
Rating: 4

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
FICTION STEIN
Find it in the catalog!

"It was so compelling, I read it in 3 days. It's about so much more than life, through a dog's eyes." -- Sharon N.
Rating: 5

"A heart-warming story from a dog's perspective. Well-written, have the tissue box close by." -- Shirley K.
Rating: 5

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
FICTION STOCKETT
Find it in the catalog!

"This was a page turner with its three different narrators. I fell in love with one of them, Aibileen, from the very first page. And it was how much I loved (and hated) some of the characters that made me want to constantly read this book." -- Lindsey S.
Rating: 5

"I loved the book! The writer's style was different and the narration was brilliant!" -- Yadushri A.
Rating: 5