Saturday, July 30, 2011

Popular summer reading author: Nicholas Sparks


Dear John
Find it in the catalog!
"It was really sad but I liked it a lot. The story line was very unpredictable." Rating: 4
-- Audrey M.

The Last Song
Find it in the catalog!
"I liked the new perspective of a teenage love story. Being a teenager, it allowed me to connect, even though I'm super different from the main character." Rating: 5
-- Geneva B.

The Lucky One
Find it in the catalog!

"My least favorite Sparks book to date. I predicted most of the story except one bit at the end which wasn't very interesting. Protagonists were bores. There were some great supporting characters though -- Zeke the German shepherd and Nana, the sharp granny." Rating: 3
-- Lindsey S.

Message in a Bottle
Find it in the catalog!
"This book was a classic Nicholas Sparks book. It starts with a single mother who gives up on believing in men - until she finds a letter written by a man in love. It's a tear-jerker, but very good." Rating: 4
-- Geneva B.

True Believer
Find it in the catalog!
"Another classic Sparks book. Romantic, loving and leaving the reader with a feeling of wanting one of these 'perfect' relationships. Although not my favorite, I loved and enjoyed it." Rating: 4
-- Geneva B.