Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer reading recommendations for August 14

Corner Shop by Roopa Farooki
NEW FICTION FAROOKI
Find it in the catalog!
"Good book -- she is an author I will read in the future. Characters were very believable. There was a little mystery, humor rolled into one book."
-- Mary Beth B.

Dark Voyage by Alan Furst
FICTION FURST: Find it in the catalog!
PLAYAWAYS FURST: Find it in the catalog!
"It took me a bit to get into the author's writing style -- he seemed to imply a fair amount -- contributed to atmospheric mode. Once I did get into it, the book kept my interest and I was eager to get to the end. The end was a little disappointing -- ended abruptly -- but I guess that is reasonable, given that it is a war story."
-- Sandy G.


Everyone Dies by Michael McGarrity
MYSTERY MCGARRITY
Find it in the catalog!
"I like this series a lot. They seem to start out a little slow, but before I know it I'm hooked! I also like the way he wraps the book up."
--Leslie D.

In the Name of Honor by Robert North Patterson
NEW AUDIOBOOK CD FICTION PATTERSON
Find it in the catalog!
"Gave an excellent view of what our military is going through in Iraq and Afghanistan. Also a view of how a military court functions. Surprising finale to story."
-- Donna R.


Intensity by Dean Koontz
FICTION KOONTZ
Find it in the catalog!
"The title has it, and says it all, it does a great job in keeping the reader in full INTENSITY!"
-- Stephanie A.

Wild Ride by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer
NEW FICTION CRUSIE: Find it in the catalog!
NEW AUDIOBOOK CD FICTION CRUSIE: Find it in the catalog!
“While not a typical Jennifer Crusie book it was a fun-fantastical story. I would recommend it for anyone looking for an easy read.”
-- Stacy B.