Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awkward Moments with Gwyneth Paltrow

There has not been a lot of love for Gwyneth Paltrow in recent years.  Some people find her to be a little bit snobby and privileged. While I'm certainly not a Gwyneth superfan, I liked her in the Royal Tenenbaums and Iron Man.  I also subscribe to her GOOP newsletter, which has solid fashion advice and good recipes. I'm not a big fan of celebrity cookbooks, but between GOOP and Spain: On The Road Again TV series, Gwyneth seemed at least knowledgeable about food; so I checked out her cookbook My Father's Daughter.  Overall, I found it to be a pretty solid cookbook.  Most of the recipes are simple, organic and healthy (but not diet) takes on traditional American, Italian and Spanish dishes.  There is definitely an emphasis on cooking and dining as a family in My Father's Daughter, so this cookbook will especially appeal to parents. 

Okay, now that I've said lots of nice things about Gwyneth, it's time to take a look at some goofy photographs from My Father's Daughter.  Is Gwyneth channeling her inner Rocco DiSpirito?:


Sure, Gwyneth has a woodburing pizza oven installed in her house, gets lectured on the environment by Leonard DiCaprio, and is BFF with Jay-Z and Mario Batali...but she cooks with a wine glass in one hand and tongs in the other.  She's JUST LIKE US!

Gwyneth loves to pose while sniffing food!  Here she's taking a moment to stop and smell the tomatoes.


Sniffing cookies...Now that's something Rocco can relate to!

Don't make eye contact with mommy... little peasants!

Lest you think that Gwyneth only smells food...she does eat. Though that ravioli is her whole meal!